Financial help - Private Renters in Camden


Financial help

Speak to your landlord

A change to your circumstances may mean that you are struggling to pay the rent and other bills.

Speak to your landlord first as they could be sympathetic, especially if you've lost your job or seen your income reduce. They might agree to a rent reduction or accept a late payment to your rent. Get any agreement in writing.

Use Shelter’s template letter to help negotiate a rent reduction. 

You can also find out more from Shelter about how to get help with rent.

Benefits and financial support

You can use the Council's main website to find out more information about:

Cost of living advice

A very informative presentation on this subject was given at the tenant forum on 8 June 2023.




where's my nearest icon

Find my nearest

The easiest way to find nearest schools, council services, your councillors, car parks and more.