Get help - Private Renters in Camden
We can help if you need support while renting from a private landlord or managing agent.
If you are a council tenant, get support on the Camden website.
Support for private renters
We have information to support you with a range of issues you may experience as a private renter.
You can get support with:
- how to find an affordable home in Camden
- problems with money and the cost of living
- who to contact if you are being harassed or threatened with eviction, or threatened with homelessness
- understanding your tenancy agreement
- problems with your deposit
- problems with noise and anti-social behaviour
- who to contact if you need more support with housing
If you still need help
If you cannot resolve your housing problem, complete our online form to get support or make a complaint.
We will not contact your landlord or managing agent before speaking with you.
Before you start
If your complaint is about disrepair or poor management, you should contact your landlord at least twice in writing first.
If you are a housing association tenant, report the problem to your landlord first and make sure they have had adequate time to resolve it.
When completing our online form, you should attach anything that will help us to support you with your housing problem. This may include:
- photos of the problem
- your tenancy agreement
- correspondence with your landlord