Get help - Private Renters in Camden

Get help 

We can help if you need support while renting from a private landlord or managing agent. 

If you are a council tenant, get support on the Camden website

Support for private renters 

We have information to support you with a range of issues you may experience as a private renter. 

You can get support with: 

If you still need help 

If you cannot resolve your housing problem, complete our online form to get support or make a complaint. 

We will not contact your landlord or managing agent before speaking with you. 

Before you start 

If your complaint is about disrepair or poor management, you should contact your landlord at least twice in writing first.  

If you are a housing association tenant, report the problem to your landlord first and make sure they have had adequate time to resolve it. 

When completing our online form, you should attach anything that will help us to support you with your housing problem. This may include: 

  • photos of the problem 
  • your tenancy agreement 
  • correspondence with your landlord  

Get help as a private renter

where's my nearest icon

Find my nearest

The easiest way to find nearest schools, council services, your councillors, car parks and more.